High Tech Product Launch – Second Edition
2005, 259 pages, Trade Paperback
The first edition of this book became a classic reference for the basics of product launch, used worldwide by companies and individuals. The Second Edition builds upon the principles of the first edition, with new content, illustrations and updated examples that reflect the best practices in product launch today. The book addresses product launch as a vital business process, requiring the combined skills of marketing and project management. The content guides the reader through the launch process, from data gathering to analysis to planning to implementation. The techniques presented can be used to launch any type of product or service.
Who’s buying it?
Marketing professionals, launch managers, product managers, entrepreneurs, marketing directors, marketing communications and P.R. firms, and small business owners.
The basic principles of launch are included, such as market and competitive analysis; market strategy; external and internal marketing programs; creation of marketing plans; compiling launch plans; and launch management. To expand this basic content, several new topics have been added:
- Using web intelligence techniques to support market analysis
- Analyzing competitive environments
- Mapping the business model and planning distribution
- Using messages in market materials
- How to write a press release
- Creating launch schedules for managing and reporting
- Developing and managing launch budgets
- Setting up an online launch center